Nabi Tablet Group

This is a forum for Nabi tablet owners.
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to nabitabletgroup

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Cannot access Nabi2 from Windows XP PC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 pm 

Hi there, each time I plug NABI2 into Dell XP PC, I am presented with Found New Hardware wizard which queries where to get device drivers. I understand an MTP driver may be required to allow transfer of audio files? Can anybody sday where I can get this? It appears to have been withdrawn from Microsoft support site!
I can get Nabi2 connected as Camera and can view pictures on Nabi from PC and transfer pictures from NAbi to PC but not vice versa - the device appears to be read-only?!
All help appreciated as this problem is taking away from my daughter's holiday enjoYment. She is speaking about wanting to return the device to Santa?!?!
Tanks in advance, Terry

Post subject: Re: Cannot access Nabi2 from Windows XP PC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm 

Have you tried this?

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

This is from here: http://www.nabitablet.com/support/artic ... d-my-mac-2

This works on my Macbook. Thanks!

Donny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Do you have the nabi set to usb debugging? Check buy going to daddy/mommy mode than settings, Developer options and make sure debugging is unchecked. This should make your computer recognize it as a external hard drive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 pm 

ICS no longer supports the old mass storage protocol. You have to use MTP. For Windows XP and Vista, you have to install a separate MTP driver from MS - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=19153

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 am 

Hi!
I have a similar problem trying to access files (via USB cable) saved on Nabi's internal memory from my PC, which is running Windows XP (SP3).
Although it recognises the Nabi and 2 icons appear in My Computer and when I open the one that looks like an MP3 player it shows a long list of folders (including Download, Movies, mp3, Music, Pictures & Video), when I open any/all of these folders they appear empty.

I have copied music files to the Nabi before by dragging them into the Music folder, and they appear, but once the tablet is disconnected - next time you connect to PC it is blank again, but the data is still there and accessible through the Nabi's Music app-thingy!

I'm wanting to pull an mp3 off the Nabi to edit it and then copy onto the microSD (which I have a USB reader for, so that's not a problem!)
Also, I tried that MTP driver that chiahrens suggested, but that hasn't changed the situation any.

Thanks in advance (if anyone can shed any light on this issue),
Dan